Author Topic: Introductions! \o/  (Read 14174 times)

May 10, 2010, 09:12:37 pm
Hello, I am Hans commonly found in channel as ChiefZ | bone but you can call me bone :).

I live in the small country across the sea from Cwolf (Belgium) and still waiting for Cwolf to drop by.

I don't have a degree in computer sience but I do have one in electronics, although I don't know jack about it anymore :).

I am a professional firefighter and I wondered into #deadworld on globalgamers because Cwolf lured me in with a goat.

Grtz
Fortis cadere, cadere non protest
The brave man will fall, but never yield.

Inveniam viam aut faciam[/i]
I will either find a way, or I will make one.

May 11, 2010, 08:35:32 pm
You shouldn't take candy (or goats) from strangers, and no one is stranger than CWolf.
Benji-kun

• No avatar
May 13, 2010, 12:37:01 pm
Excuse me Pringle, I take GREAT offense from that comment. I am most definatley more strange than CWolf :O

• No avatar
May 21, 2010, 08:13:52 pm
Hallo meine Name ist Evelyn - Richards Freundin. Ich wurde zum Membership in diesem Forums gezwungen. Never mind. Hope the game will turn out to be a fun game ;D  Give your best guys...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 12:19:03 pm by FrankfurtConnection »

May 24, 2010, 01:40:49 pm
Hey all, my name's Karen and i'm...wait, how old am i again?  errr....26 yeah, that's the one :)  I'm a math teacher and long time irc resident on globalgamers.  I live in the grape district in belgium and well....for the rest i'm just me
Sometimes the world is a cruel place.  Actually most of the times.   Pretty much always really.  But we make the best of it!

• No avatar
May 24, 2010, 06:32:08 pm
I thought about hiding from the introductions thread, cause apparently sofar I'm the only person from across the big pond, in the cow-town city of Chicago.

Anyway, name's Joe.  Have my fancy CS degree, spend my day at work doing a mix of IT & in-house software development, and then either go home and play video games, or maybe do a bit of work on [shameless plug] ZDaemon - a doom source port.  (Yes, Doom.  That FPS that sold millions made back in 1993.)  Anyway, I'm mostly just curious to watch where the DWS stuff goes, and to wish you all luck.  Amuses me to see a game dev team as it's starting up.  I love playing games, but decided years ago that I lack the devotion to creating them.  (Which is probably why I hadn't committed any code to the zdaemon project for maybe 3 years, and just now started writing more again.)

CWolf talked me into signing up, although it didn't take much.  Apparently "here's the link, go sign up" kinda worked.

May 24, 2010, 07:19:06 pm
Welcome to the forums Rainbow and Lyfe.  It's great to have you sign up!  ;D

May 28, 2010, 11:20:37 am
I love playing games, but decided years ago that I lack the devotion to creating them.  (Which is probably why I hadn't committed any code to the zdaemon project for maybe 3 years, and just now started writing more again.)

Seeing guys so dedicated and engaged in game development does have that affect on you, doesn't it? I actually went home and read bundles about AI and pathfinding just because CWolf and Jargon slapped me with a ton of links about it (and was wiser from the experience, too ^_^)
Have I ever given you the impression I was turned off by crazy?

• No avatar
November 17, 2010, 12:59:41 pm
Hello all! BananaBoy here, I met the DWS guys at Uni, I was doing Physics and they were doing computing but we played ice hockey together and it was the start of a beautiful romance!  ;D I just finished (ish) my PhD in Physics (characterising colloidal quantum dots for the biosciences - if you're interested) and am now working as a publishing editor for the Institute of Physics in Bristol, but still living in Cardiff with my fiancee Anna. Favourite game ever there was is probably a close run thing between Day of the Tentacle and Baldurs Gate II (Prefer the classics)!

• No avatar
November 17, 2010, 08:11:59 pm
Well here's my first post here o/
Name's ziv, no it's not just my nickname and no you can't capitalize my initial(the z).

I can usually be found at (read: I live in) irc.globalgamers.net, pretty much like everyone else here, it seems xD...
#nA,#DeadWorld and #GlobalGamers are some of the best places to search.

20 year old Soldier(Sergeant, for those interested) spending my free time in front of my not-so-trusty lappy, mostly gaming.
When I'll finish with the army, I'm aiming for a future of programming, right now I only get to do some C and VB :/

I know English, Hebrew and Spanish, so I can translate stuff if needed...

Well, I think that's about it? Cya all around then,
ziv.

November 17, 2010, 08:44:29 pm
Hey ziv! (with a lower 'z'!),

Great to have you in the forums! :D  Look forward for you to help us test this game!

• No avatar
November 19, 2010, 11:57:12 pm
Hi, Well my name is Sadicus and I am yet another ex Cardiff Student (engineering) and Ice Hockey player. BananaBoy was teaching me to skate when he told me about the ice hockey team, who would have thought that would lead to hours of informal lectures on computing. Glad to see you are now putting that knowledge to a useful purpose.

p.s. I will try and get round to looking into the game, but it has taken two weeks for me to do this, not including the 3 months since CWolf first mentioned it.

November 21, 2010, 01:22:09 am
Hey Sadicus!  Great to see you sign up for the forums and the alpha!  We'll be pushing releases and new alpha keys every two weeks so you'll get getting a key soon.

• No avatar
November 22, 2010, 09:54:51 pm
Hi. I'm Zeis. You can call me Zeis if you want, but Zeis is equally fine.

I suck at witty comments which doesn't keep me away from making them. Anywho, I studied hosting (show host/radio host/voice-actor), worked for almost 2 years at Game-TV (something like G4's Attack of the Show) which is now bankrupt, so I started an apprenticeship as a webdesigner. I can't code nor will I ever be able to, but I think I do a pretty decent job at designing.

I also have a YouTube show up and running and... I guess that's it. I'm currently 20 (turning 21 in february), been born and living ever since in Germany (Munich) and met Jarg, CWolf & the Crew on #globalgamers where I can be found as well as in #deadworld.

I think that pretty much sums it up. Hope I can make some skins for RA though! :D
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 08:25:52 am by Jargon »

December 09, 2010, 05:49:44 am
I would also like to point out that Zeis flies! :D

One peace. One hope. One joy. One groove.