Author Topic: Introductions! \o/  (Read 14169 times)

April 21, 2010, 10:05:08 am
Right, every forum has one of these and I've already been pestered because we didn't have one, so without further ado I give you the introductions thread!  Naturally I'll got first...

My name is James and I'm 25 years old and I live in Bristol, UK.  I went to Cardiff University with CWolf, where I got my computer science degree.  I currently work as a software engineer writing bespoke applications for an engineering company, but hopefully that'll all change soon!  I can usually be found in IRC in #globalgamers (main network channel) and in #deadword (our channel) on the irc.globalgamers.net network chatting away whilst I'm supposed to be working ^_^

April 21, 2010, 10:13:10 am
My name is Richard and I'm 24 years old currently living in Cardiff, Wales, UK and working in Reading, England, UK.  As Jargon mentioned I went to Cardiff University, with Pringle also, to obtain my computer science degree.  I currently work as a technical software consultant for a large (read: soulless) electronic content management company by day and at Deadworld Studios by night.  I love Ice Hockey and play it in Cardiff whenever I get a chance  ;D.

As with Jargon I can be found in #deadworld and #globalgamers in irc.globalgamers.net network. 

« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 10:23:06 am by CWolf »

• No avatar
April 21, 2010, 10:26:16 am
My names Alex, im 17 years old living in Cairns Australia (Yes, Aussie, no I dont ride a Kangaroo to school). As I just mentioned, im still in school completing grade 12. Im just some random that wandered into GlobalGamers IRC one day and made friends with CWolf, he's at +6 Cheese points atm (Can you beat him?). I like Cheese, Zombies and have a severe prejudice against midgets, i mean, Little People... Im not sure what it is, they're just so small.

April 21, 2010, 05:51:52 pm
Hi, I'm the one they commonly refer to as delrio The Funky Amoeba (the d is always lowercase, which has caused some grief with scholars, but it's important to have standards such as always lowercasing your whole name unless it is written in caps lock form). I reside in Colorado, USA, and am currently a third year Computing Technology student at Colorado State University. When I'm not studying (always!), I'm making music or killing time playing Pump It Up or DDR at the arcade.

I'm currently unemployed because the job market in Colorado is awful, but hopefully the chance I am getting to make music for Root Access should give me a chance to be useful and have some fun. :) Can I put this on my resume or something? :D

One peace. One hope. One joy. One groove.

April 21, 2010, 08:52:58 pm
Hey guys, I'm commonly known as Wired, or WiredTangenT. Real name is Chris, I also live in Colorado of the mystical land of the United States of America. I am 18 years old, and am currently between schools. I normally spend my days trying to make music, and filling out an occasional job application. I'm glad to have the opportunity to work on this project with you guys, and can't wait to get started. :D

April 21, 2010, 09:38:32 pm
Name's Cy?i?, or Cynic, if you're lazy. My real name is Ben and I live in North Carolina, USA. I'm 20, and I'm slowly working on a graphic design/web design certificate at Central Piedmont Community College. You guys need some logo or advertisement designs? *Winkwinknudgenudge*

Anyway, I'm looking forward to working with you guys and cranking out some video game tunes. All my friends have always told me my music sounds like it should be in video games. :D

April 22, 2010, 12:17:29 am
Welcome to the forums delrio, Wired, SubArtic and Cy?i?.  It's great to have you around and I'm looking forward to what you guys get up to.  Of course you can put this on your CV ;D.  Do you have any work/designs you could excite us with Cy?i??  ;)

April 22, 2010, 10:18:24 am
My name is Ben and I'm twenty-five, I started Computer Science in University with Richard (CWolf) and James (Jargon) - though I ended up taking a three year gap to work self employed before eventually going back to finish my course (which ended up being Computer Science with Information and Knowledge Systems - basically I dropped the programming side and did a load of consulting and business modules).

I used to play ice hockey with CWolf but nowadays my exercise consists of shaking my cane at pesky young kids! As for work - my day job is running a CCTV/Security company and I still do an odd bit of IT consultancy here and there; most of my time is spent doing house renovation but hopefully that'll be over soon.

Glad to see you all here!
Benji-kun

April 22, 2010, 05:56:22 pm
Hi my name's Luke and I'm an alcoholic necrophiliac...

Just kidding! I'm 22 years old and live in a littlebig place called Norwich in England. I'm waiting to start my degree in Computer Science, which will probably happen in a year, and currently I'm part time employed in a 4 star hotel here in Naaarwich.

I love swimming and working out, but I don't have much time to do either of these most of the time..

April 22, 2010, 07:32:17 pm
CWolf: Bahahah, I wasn't actually expecting a serious response to that.

I haven't done anything too professional yet, so I really don't have that much. *Sweat*

Right now it's pretty much just random stuff for fun and projects for class.

May 03, 2010, 11:24:36 am
Wow, I'm always lagging behind everyone, aren't I?

Hi, I'm Maya (there you have it Luke), I'm 35 and did NOT go to college with Jargon, CWolf and mr. Crisps although I really, really wish I had. Such tremendous fun I would have had *sigh*. Instead I studied here in Denmark, 7 wonderful semesters of Japanese which I loved but ultimately found lacking in the job opportunity area. So I took computer science at a business college for a few years and have been coding java et al. ever since.

I don't normally approve of such concepts but I consider myself the resident Deadworld Studios' groupie as long as everybody keeps their nice British accents and curse a lot on teamspeak <3

Oh and yeah, I live on irc #globalgamers just like the rest of the lads. Just follow the crumpet bread trail :)
Have I ever given you the impression I was turned off by crazy?

May 04, 2010, 05:21:27 am
Come to school with me, draccy, I still have another year to go. 8)

May 07, 2010, 04:35:36 pm
(there you have it Luke)

!!!!!! you didn't say a 3D modelling software :( you tricked meee

May 08, 2010, 02:04:34 pm
Now we've caught drac on our forum  ;D

May 09, 2010, 08:59:41 pm
Now we've caught drac on our forum  ;D

Success \o/