Author Topic: Isolation  (Read 16413 times)

• No avatar
March 19, 2015, 08:01:11 am
After listening to the other cadets, and the medic... Damnit, what was his name?, Andy agreed the best cause of action was getting to Engineering and to the secondary sickbay.

"Ok, that sounds like a plan James. Lentz, stay here for a moment, I'll go first with Hutton and secure the location. Follow us 5 minutes later. Agreed?"

Andy waited for agreement from the other cadets, technically no-one out-ranked anyone else in the room, but this was a time for leadership and control, and Andy knew he was the man for the job. The last thing we needed was disagreements and arguments. Obviously something bad has happened, either there was a major issue with the ship, we were under attack, or perhaps even both.

Andy could feel the tremors returning to his right hand, he put both hands behind his back, hoping none of the other cadets had noticed it.

March 19, 2015, 08:36:05 am
Not a full update, just injecting some information.

The Matter Transmission platform looks like it could reasonably fit 2 people, you could possibly manage 3 at a time if you get cosy. It is operated manually (though an individual can put a 10 second time delay in to transport themselves); Jarman has been trained to use the MKI and the MKII looks virtually identical.
Benji-kun

March 19, 2015, 12:32:20 pm
Esser (Com)::Unknown::Unknown::
Hutton (Eng)::Unknown::Unknown::
Jarman (Ops)::Deck 6, Aft::Healthy::
Lentz (Med)::Deck 6, Aft::Healthy::Flashlight
Baklid (Tac)::Deck 6, Aft::Minor Injuries::
Pedersen (Sec)::Deck 6, Aft::Healthy::

After assessing the platform, Cadet Jarman moves over to the terminal to calculate the direction and range for the transport.

Cadet’s Esser and Hutton both move to stand on the platform and Esser turns to Jarman “Energise!”. The two blur and fade away in a shimmering blue light.

Unfortunately with internal sensors and communications offline you have no way of knowing if the other two Cadets reached their destination. You’re just going to have to wait five minutes and then try another matter transmission.

However, barely a minute after they’ve gone, the doors to the matter transmission room are forced open from the other side. As the doors get just about wide enough another Cadet -this one wearing a red jumpsuit with the name Pedersen embroidered on it- squirms through the gap and into the room with you.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 12:36:41 pm by Pringle »
Benji-kun

March 19, 2015, 01:18:50 pm
After squeezing through the doors, Cadet Pedersen comes face to face with a group of cadets standing by the matter transmission platform. "Oh hello, SO good to see you, I'm Pedersen, Security. Do you know what's been going on? I.. well, fainted, I suppose, and when I came to, the room I had just exited, leaving my team behind had been torn to shreads with my Lieutenant in it. All of them.. gone. What could cause something like that? Short of an outright attack on the ship, only a run-in with an asteroid field could do damage like that. So, has there been some sort of ship-wide breakdown? Are we under attack? Sorry for the rambling, I have so many questions.. "

She looks around and realises they've been using the platform. "Err.. are you quite certain those things are safe? I thought they were still under evaluation. And where's Commander Halbert? My Lieutenant sent me here to fetch him."
Have I ever given you the impression I was turned off by crazy?

March 19, 2015, 03:29:29 pm
Jarman looks up from the MKII Rapture controls "Good to meet you, Pedersen. And don't worry about this." he pats the side of the console. "It's just been evaluated, I'm sure I got it right this time." and he grins.

The grin subsides "Anyway, what was that you mentioned about your team being... shredded? That sounds pretty dire. So there's signs of physical damage to the ship? What in Sol is going on!?"

Jarman presses a few buttons on the console. "Ok, the platform has been reset for another transmission to the same coordinates. Just got to hope the other guys have moved from their position after arriving. Lentz, help me get Baklid onto the platform, both of you are next."

Jarman moves over to Baklid and begins lifting him onto his feet.

March 19, 2015, 04:06:16 pm
Cadet Baklids eyes flickers as he weakly whispers "my sister..."

The blood is still dripping from his head, and now also his mouth

"the light..."

I don't lie about stuff like that.

March 20, 2015, 06:30:54 am
"Yes, the side of the ship had been torn open, sucking everyone in the room out. Come to think of it, the force field on the doors held, though, so at least that part of the system is still working." She looks at the bleeding Cadet Baklid, "so this is why we're using the RMTP. He looks in pretty bad shape. Any word from the ones you sent before him? Do we even know if they've arrived safely?" She does a quick scan of the room, checking for anything useful. "Do we have any tools to work with? I -knew- I should have insisted on keeping my GADGET. I mean, I would have liked to take notes for our exams!".

March 20, 2015, 08:13:44 am
It's been said before but since Drac specifically mentioned tools, there is a tool box in the the room which contains the kind of things you'd expect - hammer, screwdrivers, pliers, etc.

Busy last night so I'll update at lunch if people want to continue posting conversational stuff.
Benji-kun

• No avatar
March 20, 2015, 09:59:58 am
"Hold it, Jarman. I said I don't want to risk moving him just yet. Let's teleport ourself to the medbay and return with a stretcher for him."

He looks at Cadet Pederson: "Were there any survivers or someone who needs medical attention?"

Turning towards the mumbling, bleeding Cadet next to him, he says "best get a move on now. I need that GADGET badly, he might have internal bleeding. And who knows who else might need my help."

Lentz steps on the platform and waits for Cadet Jarman to join him.

March 20, 2015, 11:15:16 am
Cadet Pedersen looks over at the medic, pondering the foolishness of sending off the only guy who knows how to operate the RMTP. "Oh well, if it works, it works", she thinks "If it doesn't, the poor sod on the floor is a gonner anyway". She walks over to the toolbox and examines its content. She pockets a screwdriver, puts a roll of duct tape on her belt and gauges a heavy wrench in her hand only to put it back in favour of a Stanley knife. "Just hurry it up, I don't think it's a brilliant idea to split up too much until we know what on Earth is going on."

March 20, 2015, 12:16:09 pm
Jarman stops what he is doing and turns to Cadet Lentz "I understand what you're saying but with internal sensors down, there is no way to transport ourselves back. This will be a one way trip. Also, I'm the only one with training to use matter transmission platforms, therefore I should be the last one to come through." he glances down at Cadet Baklid "Time is of the essence. What should we do?"

After thinking for a bit he turns to Cadet Pedersen and asks "What room was the one that was damaged? Was it on this deck?"
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 12:40:11 pm by Jargon »

March 20, 2015, 01:00:36 pm
Jarman (Ops)::Deck 6, Aft::Healthy::
Lentz (Med)::Deck 6, Aft::Healthy::Flashlight
Baklid (Tac)::Deck 6, Aft::Injured::
Pedersen (Sec)::Deck 6, Aft::Healthy::Screwdriver, Duct Tape, Stanley Knife

You've lost track of time but you're fairly sure it's been more than five minutes now. Assuming Esser and Hutton safely rematerialised they should have made sure the area is clear and be awaiting your arrival.

Cadet Baklid's blood is mostly congealed in his matted hair and the bleeding seems to have stopped.
Benji-kun

March 20, 2015, 04:41:18 pm
"Yes, it's just down the corridor, three or four doors, tops". She points in the general direction of the room. There's nothing there now but if you want to check it out, I can take you. I do think, however, that we should send Lentz off with the patient first, he's not looking all that well". She indicates towards Cadet Baklid whose face has taken on an ashen colour.
"Your call, Jarman. Do you want to take a look at the room or do we transport to where the others are?"

• No avatar
March 21, 2015, 12:03:50 pm
"JESUS CHRIST PEOPLE! I said teleport me to the medbay, I don't give a shit who comes with me - I can't carry the stretcher alone, SO LET'S GET A MOVE ON ALREADY. OUR TEAMMATE IS CLEARLY WOUNDED AND NEEDS MY HELP, THERE'S NO TIME TO ARGUE ABOUT THIS SHIT."

March 21, 2015, 12:19:46 pm
"Goodness, someone didn't score very high on the stress handling test, did they? Fine, go on, I'll stay and watch over Baklied. I'm armed after all." Cadet Pedersen pulls out the Stanley knife and plays around with it in an intricate pattern of moves. "Just get your arses back here asap. I won't rest easy until I find out what's going on". She crouches down next to Cadet Baklid, checking his pulse, which is beating calmly and steadily.