Author Topic: Deadworld Game Night: 29/01/2012 @ 1300 UTC  (Read 2385 times)

January 30, 2012, 01:59:26 am
Well, I know this one has just passed, but I figured I'd throw it up here so we have a record of what went on.  Sort of an After Action Report.

We started out playing The Hidden Source, managing to get a server running on the Deadworld VPS within 5 minutes of the start time, pretty good as far I'm concerned. Then some fun occurred for around an hour and half. Then we all quit and got ready for the 1000 Player FPS that went live at 1500 UTC. After some frantic F5'ing and the website dying a horrible death a few times, most of us actually got in, but we were spread across both side (Man Vs. Machines). The balance was severely one-sided towards the marines and as the developers mentioned, it was a bit of a machine genocide. That being said, the game play was pretty responsive (even for here in Oz) and the server was quite stable, after a couple of restarts. We all switched the machines and tried to bring some semblance of organisation to our side and eliminate the flanking, which ultimately failed. This went on for about another hour and a half before people got bored of dying and went back to The Hidden Source. Then fun occurred again for another hour. At some point, someone random Hidden Source player (Edit°) managed to track us down through the Deadworld Studios website's IRC page after seeing the server in the list (good thing I changed the server name eh?). CWolf got him to join TeamSpeak and got him in the server to play with us. At this point it was getting pretty late (5am local time for me) so I decided to make a brisk exit and went to bed.

Not really sure what went on after this but the entire evening was lots of fun and we should definitely start organising the next one! GG!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 02:04:27 am by Jargon »

January 30, 2012, 07:39:59 am
It was a great night!  Thanks to all those who joined us!

January 30, 2012, 12:45:29 pm
I for one, am looking forward to hear some of the highlights from teamspeak, that Zeis recorded! :D
I don't lie about stuff like that.