Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Introductions! \o/
« Last post by Kidbooo on March 23, 2019, 11:56:03 am »
My names Kidbooo, im 29 years old living in Cairns Australia (Yes, Aussie, no I dont ride a Kangaroo to school). As I just mentioned, im still in school completing grade 12. Im just some random that wandered into GlobalGamers IRC one day and made friends with CWolf, he's at +6 Cheese points atm (Can you beat him?). I like Cheese, Zombies and have a severe prejudice against midgets, i mean, Little People... Im not sure what it is, they're just so small.
Game Zone / Re: Isolation
« Last post by Titan on April 20, 2015, 01:41:03 pm »
"And the name is Pedersen. At least for now" The cadet called as the doors closed behind her.

What did I do? Andy thought to himself. I guess he'll just have to treat this crew softly softly from now on. Although in times of crisis it's important to have discipline and authority. Otherwise we'll all turn into a bunch of hysterical freaked out animals running around without a thought.

Andy turned towards the interior of Engineering, spying Jargon who was busy trying to regain himself.

"James? What are your thoughts?"
« Last post by dracuella on April 20, 2015, 01:30:26 pm »
Pedersen slowly lowers her arm with the screwdriver and pockets it next to the Stanley knife. "Don't mind if I do", she replies, glaring slightly at Cadet high-and-mighty-in-command. No, she thinks, that's not fair, he's just doing his job, not everyone aspiring to command is like those snobby bastards back at the academy.

Cadet Esser was right, she had jumped to the conclusion that the arm belonged to Hutton.. even if was what made most sense, since he'd just left for Engineering mere minutes before they found the limb.

But his tone, goodness! Manners maketh man! Until he'd proven his worth and capabilities, she'd have none of that, thank you very much. "Very well, Esser, I will PLEASE head back to sickbay and check on the others and yes, I will PLEASE bring back the Medi-PAC GADGET to examine the limb"

She heads for the door, carefully avoiding the soggy puddle of vomit poor Jarman created a while earlier. As she exits, she calls back to Esser. "And the name is Pedersen. At least for now".
« Last post by Titan on April 20, 2015, 11:19:39 am »
As Andy walked into Engineering he noticed a number of things  of concern. Most notably what appeared to be a severed arm surrounded by blood. Cadet Pedersen had come running up to him and given him an update whilst waving the screwdriver around in her hand.

"Mind lowering the Screwdriver please, Cadet" Andy said, giving her a stern look.

"I've left them in Sickbay, neither are in a position to be moved at the moment. Give it a few minutes and we'll go grab them. We don't know if there is an actual threat, or if this is just a horrible accident. All we know is that arm belonged to an Engineer. Whether it was Hutton or not, we need to figure out."

"Maya? Is it? Head back to sickbay, check on the others and bring back the GADGET so we can do a DNA analysis on the arm. In the meantime, I'm going to have a look around Engineering, see if we can find the body that arm belongs to, I doubt with that much blood loss they're still alive"
« Last post by dracuella on April 18, 2015, 03:09:30 pm »
Cadet Pedersen's head jerks towards the door openening, body tense and alert but as she sees Cadet Esser enter, she visibly relaxes. "Maker, Esser, you scared me! Don't sneak up on people like that! Listen, something is very, very wrong onboard this ship, come take a look at this! I think this might be what's left of Hutton!" She points to the severed arm. "What do you make of it? You were first through and saw Hutton leave for Engineering, did you see or hear anything out of the ordinary?"

She takes a few fast steps towards the monitor updating in the background. "And look, the main power is far from up, which, I take it, means no internal sensors. Basically, the only way to find out what's going on is going out there." She gestures to the door, screwdriver still in her hand.

As if suddenly remembering, she stops her pacing. "Where is the doctor and injured guy, Cadet Baklid? Are they back in sickbay? I really think we should get them and all stick together. With our different skills, there is both strength and safety in numbers. Nothing good comes from splitting up before we get an overview of the situation."

« Last post by Pringle on April 16, 2015, 10:57:32 am »
After making sure that Baklid was coming around, Esser headed for the door and made his way to engineering.

It's easy enough to find, the double doors slide open and you are confronted by the sight of Cadet Jarman looking at a GADGET and Pedersen, knife in hand, moving over to look at the main engineering screen which has a progress bar filling up on it.

More concerning, however, are the blood splatters on the floor and wall near the terminal and the severed human arm laying in a pool of blood - it still has the tattered sleeve of a green engineering jump suit on it. There's also a small pool of vomit just off to one side.

Pedersen - you're not an expert but fortunately the screen is pretty unambiguous and you can see.
   Main Power Core Initiation Sequence: 0%[|||-------------------------------------]100%
There's no actual time on the screen but the progress bar is moving very slowly.

Jarman - it looks like this is just a vanilla GADGET, there is no PAC plugged in but it looks like the poor Cadet downloaded some data before whatever happened.
   https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6fayeE1l8DMdmtSMms0SnNsXzA/view?usp=sharing
« Last post by Titan on April 14, 2015, 01:23:03 pm »
After taking the GADGET from Cadet Lentz and sitting him down on one of the bio-beds, Andy did a scan of Baklid. Nothing major really, vitals were strong, maybe just a mild concussion.

Andy went and looked in one of the medical trolleys on the edge of the room and picked up some supplies to clean and dress the wound, and a stimulant to wake him, as right now we can't really afford to have people falling like flies.

He injects Baklid with the stimulant and starts to hear some groans, as he turns to stow away the supplies he'd used.

He didn't want to leave Baklid and Lentz alone, but he wanted an Update from engineering. He approached the door, which opened with a "Whoosh" to see if there was anyone nearby in the corridor outside.
« Last post by Pringle on April 10, 2015, 07:19:00 pm »
Esser (Com)::Secondary Sickbay, Deck 4, Aft::Healthy::Scalpel, GADGET (Medi)
Hutton (Eng)::Deck 4, Aft(?)::Unknown::Unknown
Lentz (Med)::Secondary Sickbay, Deck 4, Aft::Healthy::Flashlight
Baklid (Tac)::Secondary Sickbay, Deck 4, Aft::Injured::

After a few moments of confusion Cadet Jarman blinks a few times, ignores the others in the room and stumbles out the door - it slides shut behind him with a quiet "woosh".

Esser is bemused by the whole thing but when he doesn't get an answer from the medical cadet he takes a step closer. Though he's physically fine it seems that events have caught up to Lentz and he simply hands over the GADGET before sitting himself down on a bio-bed.

He may not be a fully trained medic, but his command training included enough medical knowledge to get a good grasp of the scan results and Esser quickly realised that, although it has mostly congealed, it would be wise to clean and bandage the wound on Baklid's head before using a stimulant to rouse him. To be on the safe side he probably shouldn't be left alone either.

(None of his injuries are life threatening, bandages and a stim-jetjector (hypospray) are readily available from any of the first aid kits in the room).
« Last post by Jargon on April 07, 2015, 12:32:47 pm »
Moments after stepping onto the MKII Rapture platform, Cadet Jarman experiences a bright flash and is racked with nausea and extreme disorientation. The bright flash fades revealing a new room but it's out of focus and still spinning. Someone is talking to him but he can't make heads or tails of it. It sounds far off and muffled. The blurred figure leaves via some equally blurry doorway.

Jarman reaches with an outstretched arm and grabs hold of a bulkhead, closes his eyes and takes a few deep breaths. The disorientation slowly fades. He opens his eyes and the room is now in focus and the world makes sense again. "Urghhh... that was unpleasant." he says to no one in particular before seeing Cadets Esser and Lentz, with Baklid still unconscious on the ground next to him.

Suddenly, as if Jarman's input buffer has just started processing data properly, he now makes sense of what was said to him just after arriving. "Oh!" he exclaims and heads out the door after Pedersen - the first few steps a little wobbly.
« Last post by Titan on March 27, 2015, 01:35:04 pm »
Andy was aware of another Cadet speaking to him, but before he'd had change to respond she had marched out of the door... Interesting...

He assumed she had headed to Engineering to check on Hutton, which was Andy's next port of call. He looked over at the medical Cadet.

"How's he doing Cadet? Anything I need to worry about?"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10