Author Topic: Welcome to the first Rogue Vector Game!  (Read 3579 times)

August 06, 2012, 11:32:53 am
Welcome to the first Rogue Vector Game event! This event is something we decided to put together during the small down time we have between Mechadroids updates to add a little variety to our lives and have some fun. What we are going to do is develop a small game, over a couple weeks, based on the community's specifications. Unfortunately, we cannot have a total free-form community design as the end result would probably be a total mess and that's if the design is ever fully agreed upon. So, instead we’ll be creating multiple forum polls for different areas of game design and the highest scoring item in each poll will be the winner and will be incorporated into the overall design.

Due to SMF's limitation of 1 poll per thread, we've had to create an entire new forum to house all the individual game design threads. The upside of this is that any chatter on the specific game design elements will be within their own thread and won't make a mixed mess. You can change your vote as much as you like until the game design deadline (which is currently unannounced), at that point all polls will be locked and development will begin. If you feel we have missed some obvious options in any of the game design threads, please mention it in the relevant thread and we may consider adding it to the poll.

So, have a gander at the various game design elements we've provided and place your votes!

Have fun!

Oh... and we'll be streaming the entire thing! :D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 05:40:40 pm by CWolf »

August 06, 2012, 03:59:25 pm
Count me in o/
I don't lie about stuff like that.

August 07, 2012, 09:08:28 am
Well I don't recall exactly how I voted but I propose the following...

A 2D side scrolling horror adventure game (ala Prince of Persia or Flashback) in which you take a last stand against the clockwork automatons who have taken over Victorian London! The only reason they haven't already got you is because you were locked up in a mental asylum, you manage to escape when an automaton enters your room to harvest your organs for fuel.
Benji-kun

September 24, 2012, 06:55:08 pm
Didn't really know where to post this but here goes. Just played the preview. It was pretty enjoyable. The only thing that got me was that you needed to have the bypass go specifically into one side. I figured it out quickly enough but I don't know I mean...that stood out to me for whatever reason.

October 13, 2012, 01:51:56 pm
Thanks for the post sub.  Yeah, that was a bug we didn't pick up on =).  We'll continue working on it when time allows.  We'll probably dedicate another two weeks to it soon(ish!).